Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse

isurg

  1. Home
  2. Uncategorized
  3. Heritage Foundation President Offers to Quit Over Tucker Carlson Mess

Heritage Foundation President Offers to Quit Over Tucker Carlson Mess

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Uncategorized
news
2 Posts 2 Posters 4 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • A This user is from outside of this forum
    A This user is from outside of this forum
    acidiclybasicglitch@sh.itjust.works
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    The Heritage Foundation’s Kevin Roberts is walking back his defense of Tucker Carlson.

    Carlson caused a major stir on the right last week when he decided to interview Nick Fuentes, a known white supremacist and Hitler fan. The interview was immediately flamed by conservative Jews, who condemned the ex–Fox News host’s decision to elevate Fuentes’s talking points.

    Despite the opposition, Roberts released a video on X Thursday in support of Carlson and Fuentes, noting that while he disagreed with Fuentes’s beliefs, he did not believe that the “venomous” coalition “cancelling” the Christian nationalist Holocaust-denier had an appropriate reaction to the interview.

    Since then, the Heritage Foundation has been embroiled in internal controversy, with at least one staffer exiting the institution over the mess. Roberts addressed the schism Wednesday.

    “I made a mistake and I let you down and I let down this institution. Period. Full Stop,” the conservative think tank’s president told employees at an all-staff meeting, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

    Link Preview Image
    Heritage Foundation President Offers to Quit Over Tucker Carlson Mess

    Things are getting messy at the far-right organization.

    favicon

    The New Republic (newrepublic.com)

    P 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • A acidiclybasicglitch@sh.itjust.works

      The Heritage Foundation’s Kevin Roberts is walking back his defense of Tucker Carlson.

      Carlson caused a major stir on the right last week when he decided to interview Nick Fuentes, a known white supremacist and Hitler fan. The interview was immediately flamed by conservative Jews, who condemned the ex–Fox News host’s decision to elevate Fuentes’s talking points.

      Despite the opposition, Roberts released a video on X Thursday in support of Carlson and Fuentes, noting that while he disagreed with Fuentes’s beliefs, he did not believe that the “venomous” coalition “cancelling” the Christian nationalist Holocaust-denier had an appropriate reaction to the interview.

      Since then, the Heritage Foundation has been embroiled in internal controversy, with at least one staffer exiting the institution over the mess. Roberts addressed the schism Wednesday.

      “I made a mistake and I let you down and I let down this institution. Period. Full Stop,” the conservative think tank’s president told employees at an all-staff meeting, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

      Link Preview Image
      Heritage Foundation President Offers to Quit Over Tucker Carlson Mess

      Things are getting messy at the far-right organization.

      favicon

      The New Republic (newrepublic.com)

      P This user is from outside of this forum
      P This user is from outside of this forum
      partial_accumen@lemmy.world
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      “I made a mistake and I let you down and I let down this institution. Period. Full Stop,” the conservative think tank’s president told employees at an all-staff meeting, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

      "...I let the mask slip off a little too quickly. We have a clear plan and I just got so excited about the suffering of the poor I thought we were already on phase 6. This is a premature failure on my part, not the organization and its mission. I'd also like to take a moment to address our Jewish members and donors...'It was just a prank, bro'. I hope this has addressed any fears that may have been raised that we are secretly white supremacists. Please continue on with the good work of phase 4." - Roberts probably

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • World
      • Users
      • Groups